- 1 cup white wine or vinegar
- 1cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (5- to 7-pound) leg of goat, boned
- 3 large potatoes, quartered
- 3 onions, quartered
- 3 large chillies or peppers, seeded and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, skin removed
Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Combine vinegar, oil and seasonings and pour over goat meat in a glass baking dish. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 12 to 24 hours, turning often.
Remove goat, strain marinade and reserve. Place potatoes, onion, chillies and garlic in shallow roasting pan and pour 1/4 cup marinade over vegetables. Place goat on roasting rack over vegetables. Pour 1/4 cup marinade over goat. Roast for approximately 25 minutes per pound.
Serve with vegetables. Use drippings for gravy, if desired.