Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Goat forequarter chops, trimmed
- 2 brown onions, roughly chopped
- 400g can canellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 400g can peeled tomatoes
- mashed potato and steamed vegetables, to serve
- Preheat oven to 150°C. Heat oil in a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook chops, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until just browned. Transfer to a large, ovenproof, casserole dish. Add onion, beans, garlic and rosemary to lamb.
- Mix tomato paste, wine and tomatoes in a bowl. Pour over lamb. Season with pepper.
- Cover tightly with foil. Bake for 2 1/2 hours or until lamb is tender. Remove foil and bake for a further 30 minutes or until sauce has reduced slightly. Serve with mashed potato and steamed vegetables.