Ingredients (Serves 4 –6)
- 900g Diced
- 4 tablespoons curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 thyme sprigs/1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 ¾ cups stock or water
- 1 fresh hot chilli, chopped
- coriander sprigs to garnish
- Cut meat into 5cm cubes, discarding excess fat
- Place meat, curry powder, garlic, onion thyme, bay leaves, allspice and oil in a large bowl and mix. Marinate in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Melt butter in large heavy saucepan and fry meat over a moderate heat for about 10 minutes, turning frequently.
- Stir in the stock or water and chilli, bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, cover pan and simmer for 1 ½ hours or until the meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and garnish with coriander.